This is your university. Find out what's happening! In this issue, you'll find news and videos about an award-winning online professor, stories about alumni and current students, lots of pictures and a couple invitations - plus two very important opportunities (deadlines approaching).
Popular Online Professor Lan Dong Honored at UIS
10 Things to Know about Online Coordinator Adonis Fuller
Adonis Fuller, Computer Science online coordinator, has a business background. Last year, he took a Java course online so that he could help students better. Learn more about Adonis Fuller (especially if you are in the military or like video games).
UIS online coordinators recently had their pictures taken - View a gallery here.
Alumni Sketches: Do you know these online alumni?
- Carrie Chelbian, From Volunteer to Certified Teacher
Secondary Certificate; Auburn, Illinois
- David Hartshorne, Business Owner, ESL Teacher, Ceramic Artist, English Grad
BA in English, 2012; Gurnee, Illinois
- Sherri Martin, A Goal Realized
BA in English, 2015; Fremont, Illinois
4 student videos from National Distance Learning Week
What do you know about online education in Fall 2017?
During the Fall 2017 semester, online offerings and enrollments at the University of Illinois Springfield continued to grow. View the infographic.
A Highly Anticipated Event at UIS Specifically for Online Students
Since 2006, online graduates have been gathering at UIS during Commencement Week for a celebratory brunch. Smiles abound as students meet professors and online program coordinators - and also fellow students. The event is completely free for graduates and their families. Read more about the event, view retrospective photographs and if you are graduating this year plan to attend - Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 9 a.m., held in the Public Affairs Center, 1st floor.
Current students, don't miss these deadlines!
- Scholarships: The deadline for completing an application for UIS Institutional Scholarships 2018-2019 is February 15, 2018. Current students, please take the time to apply. Scholarships worth more than $350,000 in all are available. You can find the UIS 2018-19 Scholarship Application here.
- Research Symposium: The final submission deadline for presenting at STARS is Friday, February 16, 2018, at 5 pm. STARS, the UIS Student Technology, Arts & Research Symposium (STARS), an opportunity that is available to online students, will occur on April 5 and 6, 2018 at UIS. If you are interested in presenting, here's information about the Symposium for students, including instructions on how to apply.